Success Of A Mom - Victory Of Victoria Joy



          What is the meaning of success? Each person has a different measurement for success. Some would associate success with lots of money, big houses, expensive cars, a promotion in one's work, stable careers, winning in lottery, exhilarating travels, winning in contests, finishing a course with latin honors, and many more. So when a group of people  is asked to define success, each member of the group will give a different meaning depending on his/her outlook in life.

          The New Britannica Webster Dictionary and Reference Guide defines success as (1) a favorable completion of something and (2) the gaining of wealth, favor, or prestige.

          For me as a mom, I have a different perspective as to the real meaning of success. Success for me means victory of my children in their field of endeavors. Seeing my daughter crying in an outburst of joy is my biggest achievement in life. I celebrated victories  in the past but the recent passing of my daughter in the Physician (Medical) Board Exam given last August 7, 8, 14, and 15, 2010 is the most prestigious award I can cite in terms of success.

         The dream of my daughter started at a tender age of three when she enrolled as a nursery student at Sacred Heart School in Potrero, Malabon. She took up her elementary course also at Sacred Heart and graduated and graduated as the Valedictorian of the class. It seemed to be an endless effort of studying, reviewing, quizzes, and periodic examinations most especially during her  highschool days at the Philippine Science High School Diliman, college days at the University of the Philippines Diliman where she took up B.S. Biology, a post-graduate medical course at the University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, then later going into internship at the Philippine General Hospital. There were times then,  that I almost regretted why I engrained into her mind that "there is no substitute for a good education to back you up in the future,"  when I felt most of the time that she was deprived of a life a young lady of her age rightfully deserves. But her perseverance is really alive 24/7, 365 days a year. When she finished high school at Pisay, she took the college entrance exam at De La Salle Manila and was qualified for a full scholarship. It's the same with Ateneo de Manila University, where she was qualified for a full scholarship for B.S. Biology. She was also qualified for the DOST (Department of Science and Technology) Scholarship at UP Diliman if she was to pursue a Mathematics Course. She finally decided to study at U.P. Diliman and take up B.S. Biology there to prepare for her medical career, and the rest is history.

         The results of the Medical Board Exam was released via Internet on August 18, 2010 at 7:30pm. Seeing the name of my daughter as one among the successful examinees is the culmination of all anxiety in the entire household. But I never doubted that my daughter will make it. I've seen her dedication to her studies. She remained focus on her goals and she constantly sought guidance from the Lord. She also visited Our Lady of Manaoag a few times together with her friends. She even had the pencils that she used during the four days of her examination, blessed at Saint Jude Church. In summary, she did her part 100% and offered all the rest to the Lord.

         I know that passing the exam is an end of a struggle for a license,  but at the same time it is a beginning of a longlife career to serve the people and save the lives of mankind.

         In my heart, the victory of Joy earned  me a  title "the mom of a full-pledged doctor" and that is my greatest success to date.

         To my daughter Joy, I'm so proud of you. I always pray that  the Lord will continue to  take good care of you and shower you with more blessings in life. In return, you should also continue to share your blessings to others. My congratulations!




Enjoyed this post? Then BOOKMARK / SHARE IT HERE:


Want Updates Delivered Straight to Your Inbox? =)

Enter your email address:

9 (mga) puna:

rhazelle said...

Congrats po Ma'am D.




:)

Anonymous said...

nakakaiyak naman.... :,)

Ma. Teresa B. Arce said...

Congratulations Emy! That really calls for a celebration. I agree with you. The success of a mother is not measured by her own accomplishment but her family's achievement. You are very lucky to have Joy as your daughter. My congratulations to you Joy! Soon your mom will also be a doctor.


AD Tess Arce

jam rosit said...

mamita, I'm so happy for you!
CONGRATULATIONS to you and to Ate Joy!

i miss you so much!
hope to see you soon! ö

Melissa Tiquiz said...

Congrats Ma'am Dalisay, celebrate po tau tomorrow!!☺☻♥

Kate Ojano said...

Congrats Ma'am :D

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you and to your daughter mam d!

Anonymous said...

c0ngrats ma'am dalisay :]

emily tadena said...

..congratulations mam dalisay, your daughter is also proud of you for having you as her mom..Godbless.

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your comments below! =)